I pledge to respect research and call on the Federal and Victorian State governments to:
- Respect research as fundamental to our country's health and prosperity.
- Lift Australia’s total spending on research and development to 4% of GDP, while maintaining public funding for all areas of research.
- Increase operational funding from the Victorian Government, to keep research institutes’ at the cutting edge.
- Stop the 'brain drain', while retaining and recruiting world-leading researchers by providing secure careers and exceptional national infrastructure.
- Plug the funding gap between research and commercialisation, so life-saving inventions aren’t sitting on the shelf.
- Respect academic independence, peer-review and expert recommendations.
- Ensure young Australians get a better understanding of science and research at school by stopping cuts to education and fully funding Gonski.